Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Princess and The Park

Update time. Been swamped at work. Summer is the busy season in my industry, so I'm not dating much.

But I did have a lovely date with a lovely woman who has potential. It's been a long time coming; we've known each other for about a year and been dancing around the possibility of dating for some months.

I was very charming on the date, I have to brag. Picked her up for an acoustic music concert (right before the Three Weeks that precede Tisha B'Av).

Had told her we would go to dinner first. We get in my car, and driving towards the concert, I ask her what and where she feels like eating (pretending as if I didn't have a plan). She tries (badly) to act unfazed about my not having a plan.

"I have an idea..." I say.

"You got a brainstorm?" she nervously asks.

"Ehhh. Something like that." I casually reply.

So I drive to a beautiful waterfront park that I like, near the concert. We get out of the car, I pop open the trunk and pull out a cornucopia of delights and a big blanket.

"A picnic?" she asks, obviously surprised. I just smile.

Kosher fish, veggies, dips, crackers and chips, fresh fruit, chilled water (the park doesn't allow alcohol). No bread, so washing and bentching will not be required.

Gorgeous sunny weather, park almost empty, wonderful long chat, flirting during the wonderful concert. I surprised her, made her smile, treated her like a princess as every woman enjoys.

We'll see each other again. The situation is complicated for reasons I can't discuss (don't worry folks, she has both get and civil divorce). But for the first time since I became frum, I'm looking forward to a second date.

No comments:

Post a Comment