Friday, April 16, 2010

Friend of Friend

Gut Shabbos!

Got a call this morning from a rabbi who knows me. He got a call asking to provide a reference check on me for a shidduch. The rabbi asked my permission to tell what he knows about me (all that he knows of me is good, of course). We chatted about the shidduch process, too.

The call received by the rabbi catches me by surprise.

It's been months since I gave my information to a friend who had a friend who knew a shadchan (the one who called the rabbi) who "might know somebody" in my area. I'm always grateful for effort on my behalf, but I tend to set my expectations in such a way as to not be disappointed if nothing comes of a kind offer.

I'm slightly skeptical because the shadchan is allegedly trying to evalute me for her sister. Conflict of interest in shidduchim can be problematic. But I'm grateful nonetheless.

Only a good things can come of it. A new friend or perhaps more, or nothing less than the blessings that  I already have been given.

I'm already grateful for the smile left on my face by the rabbi's call.

1 comment: