Thursday, March 25, 2010

Friends and Companions

Waiting to drive a new friend to the airport so he can visit his family for Pesach.

He's new to the community and to my shul. He will relocate his wife and kids here after the school year ends in their old community.

Nice guy. Likes live music as much as I do. Plays poker as badly as I do.

But I find myself a little reluctant to make close friends these days. My friends tend to marry, have children, and then have little time for me after that. Not that I begrudge them that.

If I'm lucky enough to meet somebody, I want to make a consistent place at our Shabbos table for singles, like a few people in my community have done for me.

I'm already making effort for other singles, helping to establishing some singles programming in my community,  including a singles shabbaton.

I would like to spare others from being single as long as I've been.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment