Friday, March 5, 2010

There Will Be No More Lonely People

Second post of the day. Read something that touched me. Gratitude by an (even) older guy for the wonderful young people who have made him a part of their lives.

It touched me because I see a parallel to my own life and the wonderful community into which I've been welcomed.

There Will Be No More Lonely People

***

I remember when one of my grandparents died. What was nominally an observance of shiva seemed to me to be more like a cocktail party than house of mourning. It wasn't for me to tell my family how to mourn, so I took a walk from the house after the funeral to get away from activity and atmosphere that made me uncomfortable.

As a result, I'm thinking of getting involved with the local Chevra Kadisha. I may need its services for myself someday. The young frum people in my community will certainly know what I would want if I'm still living here when it's my time.

Shabbat Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment